- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Birgit Strong is a locally based obstetrician and gynaecologist who has been providing services to the area since 2005. She holds VMO appointments in the Mayo Private Hospital Taree and Forster Private Hospital as well as Manning Base Hospital Taree, providing public and private surgical care.
Dr Strong obtained her primary medical degree in Heidelberg, Germany, and completed her training as an obstetrician and gynaecologist in Germany in 1999. After emigration to Australia, she obtained her Australian Fellowship of RANZCOG in 2004.
She provides services in antenatal and postnatal care, public obstetric care, and general gynaecology. She is fully certified to perform colposcopy for abnormal cervical screening.
Surgical procedures and services provided include:
- colposcopy and management of abnormal cervical smears and pre-invasive (pre-cancer) disease of the female genital tract
- hysterectomy (laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy and abdominal hysterectomy)
- advanced laparoscopic surgery
- endometriosis diagnosis
- vaginal/pelvic reconstructive surgery for prolapse
- general gynaecological surgery
- early pregnancy problems (e.g. miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy)
- menstrual disorders
- endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), fibroids
- management of ovarian cyst and benign adnexal mass
- management of urinary incontinence
- investigation of pelvic pain
- diagnosing gynaecological cancers / providing follow-up care of patients after completion of their gynaecological cancer treatment
- primary and secondary infertility, excluding IVF
MD, MRCOG, FRANZCOG, Facharzt für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe (Germany)
- MD , MRCOG , FRANZCO