- General Medicine
- Respiratory Physician
- Sleep Medicine
Dr Krishan Gupta is a specialist in Respiratory & Sleep Medicine (FRACP), as well as General Medicine (FRACP).
Dr Gupta initially trained as MD in Pulmonary Medicine and TB in Delhi, India and subsequently retrained in John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle. He has worked at John Hunter Hospital for 7 years before moving to Taree in 2013.
Areas of interest include:
- Chronic cough, Airways diseases (including COPD, Asthma), Bronchiectasis, Interstitial Lung Diseases, Lung Cancer and atypical lung infections.
- Sleep Disordered Breathing (including OSA, CSA and Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome), Insomnia, parasomnias, hypersomnia (Narcolepsy), restless Legs Syndrome etc.
- Procedures including Bronchoscopy, Intercostal Chest Drains etc.
Dr Gupta holds multiple leadership roles including:
- Chair of Medical Staff Council (Lower Mid North Coast sector).
- Director of Physicians Education, Manning Base Hospital.
- Educational Supervisor with Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
- Senior Lecturer at University of Newcastle.
He has multiple research publications in international journals and keeps himself up-to-date with latest in the fields of Respiratory, Sleep and General Medicine.
He lives locally in Taree with his family and is striving to provide a comprehensive Respiratory and Sleep Services so that “Locals are treated Locally” in most convenient and affordable manner.
Dr Gupta's Respiratory & Sleep clinics are located in Mayo Private Hospital, Taree and Forster Private Hospital as well as he consults monthly at Lingard Specialist Centre and Singleton Hospital.
Sleep referrals and consult appointments via Mayo Specialist Centre.