- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Walkom has been working in Taree since 1986. Prior to arriving in Taree he worked as a registrar in Auckland, Nottingham, the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (Sydney) as well as Newcastle Hospital before the John Hunter was built.
Dr Walkom has regular operating sessions at the Mayo Private Hospital in Taree.
Main interests include:
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic surgery including; removal and ablation of endometriosis, ovarian cysts & other pelvic pathology
- Investigations & Management of Infertility including treatment with Clomiphene, progesterone checks, semen analysis and operative procedures for diagnosis of infertility problems
- Endometrial ablation (TCER) for heavy menstrual loss
- Vaginal Prolapse investigation & management (both non-surgical & surgical)
- Sling operative procedures for incontinence
- Hysterectomies (both abdominal and vaginal)
- Vaginal repairs
- Appointments and referrals
Phone: 02 6552 6344