- Chronic Pain
- General Rehabilitation
Dr Ragavan graduated as a rehabilitation specialist from the prestigious Rene Descartes University in Paris in 1994. He did most of his clinical course in Montpellier, famous for being the oldest medical university in Europe. Currently his main area of practice concerns the management of chronic back and neck pain. He works with a group of spinal surgeons in Sydney and Newcastle who are experts in the usage of robotic-assisted spinal surgeries, and in line with his passion for advanced IT applications in rehabilitation medicine, he also works with other orthopaedic surgeons who specialise in the usage of 3D printing for joint reconstruction surgery.
Areas of special interest are:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Post-operative rehabilitation after orthopaedic and spinal surgery
- Stroke and spinal injury rehabilitation
Dr Ragavan is available to support:
- In-patient neuro-orthopaedic rehabilitation at Forster Private Hospital and Mayo Private Hospital (Taree)
- Outpatient Day Therapy programs in Taree and Forster
- Outpatient consulting rooms in Taree and Forster
Visiting Medical Officer at the Mayo Private Hospital for inpatients and day therapy patients.