- Occupational Therapy
- Workplace injury rehabilitation and prevention management
- NDIS OT Assessments
- Equipment prescription and intervention
- Aged Care OT Assessments
Michelle is passionate about rehabilitation and her career objective is to master the skills necessary to provide and drive supreme healthcare and interventions to ultimately maximise the quality of life of those individuals serviced.
Michelle Dixon graduated as an Occupational Therapist in 1993 and commenced work at the Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service in Darlinghurst, NSW where she gained skills in returning people to work following an injury, periods of sickness or if experiencing a disability. Michelle wanted to gain more hands on rehabilitation skills so travelled to the USA where she worked for 15 years before returning home to Australia and settling in the area she grew up. Michelle was required to be registered and certified with the National Board of Occupational Therapy in the USA, which was obtained in 1995. A license is required to work in specific states and a license was held in Florida and Delaware. Michelle is currently registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Michelle’s work experience as an Occupational Therapist includes assessment and intervention in the following areas, across all age groups and working with varied diagnosis:
• ICU of a level trauma centre (1000 bed hospital)
• Acute care
• Inpatient rehabilitation (inclusive and not limited to patients with brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopaedic conditions etc.)
• Outpatient rehabilitation
• Hand therapy (certification as a hand therapist achieved in 2005)
• Aged care facilities
• Occupational Rehabilitation
• Functional Capacity Assessments
• Medico-legal assessment and reporting
• Managing Occupational Therapy department in a 320 bed hospital inclusive of a 40 bed rehabilitation unit
• Managing a Rehabilitation Provider and servicing SIRA (workers compensation and compulsory third party), NDIS and aged care clients.
Please contact Mayo Injury Management Service to see if we are able to assist you in achieving your functional goals.