- Neurological Rehabilitation
- General Rehabilitation
- Spinal Rehabilitation
Dr Vivek Gupta is a highly skilled and passionate Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist with a special interest in Spinal, Neurological and General Rehabilitation. Dr Gupta is working as a Rehabilitation Specialist in Wingham community hospital, Manning base hospital and as VMO in Mayo Private Hospital.
Dr Gupta obtained Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Fellowship FAFRM, RACP of The Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) in 2019. He completed his training in New South Wales, working in major hospitals like Prince of Wales Hospital, Wollongong Hospital, Port Kembla hospital and Shoalhaven hospital.
He gained extensive experience in managing acute and subacute spinal cord injury patient’s in Prince of Wales Hospital Randwick, Sydney. Dr Gupta has special interest in managing patient’s with impairments related to:
- Traumatic/ non-traumatic Spinal cord injury
- Neurological conditions specially stroke, GBS, motor neuron diseases
- Elective/ traumatic joint surgeries/replacements and other post orthopaedic surgeries
- Spasticity management (ultrasound guided botulism toxin injection)
- Pre-Amputation and post-amputation rehabilitation with prosthetic prescription
- Orthotics prescription
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Deconditioning post medical and surgical illness
- Back injuries/multi-Trauma cases
- Geriatric rehabilitation/ high risk of falls in elderly and Parkinson disease
Dr Gupta has further interest in teaching junior medical officers. He has outpatient clinic in Mayo Specialist Centre and also organises outpatient cardio-pulmonary and other Rehabilitation programs to assist patients in obtaining maximum function.
Bookings and referrals at the Mayo Specialist Centre from 5 June 2020.
- FAFRM , RACP , AFRM