- Healthe Heart Cardiac Services
Forster and Mayo Private Hospitals welcome Interventional Cardiologist Dr Richard Chan, with his first clinic scheduled for 20 July.
Dr Chan is particularly interested in the management of coronary artery disease, from the assessment of chest pain to coronary angiography and coronary angioplasty/stenting.
Dr Chan graduated from the University of Auckland and undertook his cardiology training at Gosford Hospital, NSW which led to Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He subsequently underwent two years of fellowship training in Coronary Stenting at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane.
Dr Chan has joins the Healthe Heart team and is a VMO at Forster Private, Lingard Private and Mayo Private Hospital, Taree.
Dr Chan will perform:
- Holter monitoring - bulk billing
- Transthoracic and stress echocardiography - bulk billing
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography - bulk billing
- Exercise stress testing - bulk billing
- CT angiography
- Cardiac catheterization
- Coronary angiography and stenting
Dr Chan welcomes referrals from GPs.
- MBChB , FRACP